Monday, April 27, 2020

QUARANTINE SQUASH - CHALLENGE 3

It’s that time of the week for another Skills Challenge! After basking in the glow of my comprehensive bludgeoning of Stu on the frame volley challenge, a beatdown so humiliating he is still probably waking up in the middle of night with cold sweats, it’s his chance at redemption and the opportunity for him to be able to show his face in public again.

With the exasperating challenges of the first two weeks behind us, this time we welcome the chance to actually hit the ball with the strings of the racquet! The Accuracy Challenge!

There have also been a number of these on the internet, and it seems everyone has created a version of their own - just as we have done here. The task: To hot three relatively small targets close to service line height, from back of the service box distance away (23 feet). The one who hits the three targets in the least amount of shots, wins.

As you will see from the video, I set this up in the back yard. Now, one of the reasons I dislike playing golf is that I have an uncanny ability to lose balls. I think the last time I suffered through a round, I lost 13 balls in the first 12 holes. My golf-balls are attracted to water, high grass, weeds, forest, gopher holes, and probably portals to other dimensions. Incredibly, even though I did this challenge on my driveway, I still managed to lose one squash ball even though I was really just tapping them and there were no water hazards anywhere near! I am baffled at this phenomenon. 

I practiced this one both on the backhand and forehand. I did find the forehand fractionally easier. The hat this week is my wife’s Australian ‘Crocodile Dundee’ hat. It was slightly too small for my head. 

Stu had clearly zero trouble with this one, although he did have a backboard to help him… I’m just happy that he was able to pull himself back from the ledge.




Recap of the weekly challenges:
Week 1 Frame Challenge - Draw. 15-each.
Week 2 Handle Volleys Challenge - Mick 20 v Stu 5… annihilation. 
Week 3 - Accuracy Challenge - Mick 12 v Stu 3 (lowest score wins)

Current Standings:
Mick - 1-1-1
Stu - 1-1-1

Once again, I throw the challenge to you! Set up your own targets and see how you go!

Search This Blog