Monday, April 20, 2020

QUARATINE SQUASH - CHALLENGE 2


Happy Monday morning! And what a beautiful morning it is. Sunny skies, crisp air, and time to test you once again with another devious skills challenge!

Last week, the frame challenge was a case study not just in racquet-hand-eye-uber-coordination, but also an examination of one’s patience and exasperation levels. I wasn’t particularly satisfied with the skimpy 15 hits I managed, especially after seeing pro Daryl Selby’s effort of 100 on Instagram, it made me feel rather inept to say the least. So, along with practicing the new challenge, I also put in more time on the first one. I definitely felt I was getting better, and this time was able to reach 21 hits. Unfortunately I don’t have it on video to prove it, you’ll just have to accept my Scout’s honor!

The new challenge for this week, I would say is also somewhat trying, but in my case not as much as week 1: Hitting volleys with the handle of the racquet. I did find this to be a fraction easier although it sounds like Stu disagrees with me on this one. His pre-video practice sessions sounded like he was ready to throw his racquet out his window. As you will see, he wasn’t exaggerating! Couple of tips that I found to make this one a tad less demanding… hold the racquet on the side of the head from the top - not from underneath - and definitely not from the shaft. Also, try to swing upwards when hitting it, not flat. However, you may find your own method that suits you…



Just so we are keeping tally between Stu and I on these…
Week 1 - Draw. 15-each.
Week 2 - Mick 20 v Stu 5… carnage.

Standings:
Mick - 1-0-1
Stu - 0-1-1

Once again, I encourage you to take up the challenge and send me in any videos you wish to share and I will post the member who gets the most. 

Search This Blog