The half season statistics reflect rather accurately the final standings:
- Overall, 76% of the matches were completed. One of the highest half season percentages ever.
- Round 2 had 88 ½ % of matches completed, or 46 of 52 matches.
- On the other end of the scale, “WallEED” completed only 69% of their matches.
- “Destiny” had the lowest match completion with 66%.
- “Butter Nutz” also had the best winning percentage with 60%. “Mercedes” also had 60%. “Winky-Dinks” won 55% of their matches.
- The lowest winning percentage was 38% by “Mongoose”.
- Overall, 57% of the matches ended up with a 2-1 score.
- The reason “Winky-Dinks” still ended up on top? Bonus Points. They accumulated 74 of them at an average of over 9 per week – a remarkable achievement. That’s fifteen – yes, 15 – better than the next best “Butter Nutz”.
- “Destiny” picked up the least amount of bonus points with 28. In week 5, only 1 player of the team turned up. (It was Halloween mind you. “Foss-ters” didn’t have any player show that night, “Winky-Dinks” had 9.)
- Eight players picked up all 8 bonus points.
- 26 players completed all 8 matches. That, I think, is a record.
- Only one player played all 8 matches and went undefeated – Hans Flick (“Destiny”). He scored over 18% of his team’s total.
Not that the league is supposed to be an individual one, we do reward the best point getters at each level for the entire October – March duration. We call these players the “All Stars”. At the half-way mark, below are the 13 players who currently lead their level. As teams will be rearranged for the second half, anyone moving up or down will carry their first half points with them to add to the second half. Scores include all bonus points as well.
- Tom Healy (“Winky-Dinks”)
- A 3-way tie! Chuck Doyle (“Butter Nutz”); Dane Fossee (“Foss-ters”); JB Peabody (“Mercedes”)
- Elliot Shafer (“Vivio’s”)
- Brian Bartes (“Destiny”)
- Ted Morris (“Wardogs”)
- Tom Delaney (“Winky-Dinks”)
- Tom MacEachern (“Mercedes”)
- Chris Moyer (“Butter Nutz”)
- Hans Flick (“Destiny”)
The second half will start on January 9. All teams start from scratch and will be fighting for the 6 play-off spots, meaning the bottom 3 teams will be eliminated. I was very pleased with the attendance for the first half and hopefully we can keep the momentum rolling.