Here are the most significant details that everybody must adhere to and accept when entering:
- Maximum 32 players in any on singles category
- Maximum 16 teams in any one doubles category
- Any player entering the ‘A’ doubles is NOT permitted to play the ‘C’ doubles regardless of partner. In layman’s terms – no sandbagging.
- Minimum 2 matches per singles draw
- Minimum 1 match per doubles draw
- Walkovers / forfeits count a match
- Maximum 145 entries for the entire tournament.
- Minimum age to enter the tournament is 13
- All singles matches is PAR to 11 scoring
One more essential point – we do not have referees for the matches. Players are on their own. We expect that all players will be fair and conduct themselves accordingly in regards to interference situations on court. Any disagreement should result in a compromise. We have not used referees for 9 years – and we have had hardly any issues. Let’s keep it that way.
The popularity of the DAC Classic has also created the need to offer a ‘spouse’ rate. This rate is only for the spouse (or partner) of an entrant that will not be playing in the tournament but will be present for the weekend and wishes to join in on all the meals and the Saturday night dinner / dance. The rate will be $85. You will not find the item on the entry form, please just let me know when entering that your better half will be accompanying you.
Match times. Because of the limited amount of court space we have and the fact that we max it all out, you MUST make yourself available for the following times throughout the weekend. Once the first round times have been sent out, changes will not be made – it will be up to you to arrange your schedule accordingly:
For players in the Detroit area – including Ann Arbor, Lansing, Toledo, Windsor:
- Thursday, February 14 between 4pm and 11pm
- Friday, February 15 between 3pm and midnight
- Saturday, February 16 between 8am and 8pm
- Sunday, February 17 between 8am and 4pm
For all other players:
If you are from London and you can play on Thursday, please let me know. This will help me avoid arranging first round matches with your fellow club members. (It may be unavoidable anyway, but it still helps.)
- Smith Barney – Sean Moran
- Advanced Voice and Data Solutions – Anil Kathuria
- SVS Vision – Ken Stann
- Metropolitan Baking – George Kordas
- Adlhoch and Associates – Scott Adlhoch