Friday, January 11, 2013

WINKY-DINKS BACK AT IT

Boasters League round 1~~

Just where they left off mid December, the “Winky-Dinks” already are claiming top spot on the standings. Albeit by one point, but you can’t knock a healthy start. “WallEED” are in unfamiliar territory sitting in second place, and can probably attribute that to having played against the “Winky-Dinks”! The ladder is pretty close all the way down, and yes, its early going so not too much can be read into it right now. Although, I much rather be a “Winky-Dink” than a “Foss-ter” at this moment… (I’ll leave “Mercedes” out of the conversation since they had the bye).

It was a strong start to the second half of the season in terms of attendance. Not mind-blowing, but a good amount of matches and players were present. Scores of 2-1 seemed to be the order of the day, as over 70% of the results ended up that way. I like that. It means matches are competitive and close – just what the league should be.

The closest match of the evening went to Dave Devine (“WallEED”) and Kevin Kennedy (“Winky-Dinks”). Kevin won 2-1, but all 3 games were 15-14! You simply cannot get it any tighter! There is no way I could list all the matches that were 2-1 (well... I could, but I not going to) and I hope that this is an indication of what’s to come for the next 3 months or so: plenty of participation, plenty of close scores, and plenty of socializing. Now if everyone can make up plenty of matches too, we’d be all set. Which reminds me to say – like I do every start of the season – get your matches done! Don’t fall behind!

The season has once again kicked off full steam ahead. Let’s make the most active on record!

Search This Blog